[Aikido] constitution and elections

Kate Blakeley kablakeley at vassar.edu
Sat Apr 24 18:57:02 EDT 2004

Hey everybody-

We need to take care of two very important things at practice on Sunday.
PLEASE let me know IN ADVANCE if you won't be there.

First, elections.  We need to elect a president, vice-president, secretary,
treasurer, and webmaster.  Please send me your nominations for those
positions via email by 6pm tomorrow.  Nominees must be students who have
been attending aikido practices regularly for at least one semester,
although everyone can vote and nominate others.   Descriptions of officer
duties are in the attatched constitution.  Also please email me if you do
NOT want to be nominated.  Voting will take place by secret ballot on
Sunday, with the results announced later by email.

Second, changes to the constitution.  As the constitution was drafted in
haste in December, several parts of it were murky and needed refining.  We
drafted some proposed changes, and we're going to vote on that on Sunday as
well.  A copy is attatched, and there will be some paper copies available
for review Sunday as well.

That's it!  Remember, email me if you can't come Sunday, and email me
nominations by 6pm tomorrow.  Have a great evening!

Kate