[Aikido] t-shirts and other news

Kate Blakeley kablakeley at vassar.edu
Tue Feb 24 16:47:57 EST 2004

Hey everybody-

Hope your week's going well.  As Dave can't type, I've been deputized to send out this email.

The Aikido Club is going to be making and selling t-shirts soon, so we've been working on some awesome designs to be on them.  As my email is being difficult, I wasn't able to attatch the designs.  Instead, Geoff is going to post them online somewhere and tell us what the link to view them is.  Please take a look at them and send give us some feedback, either via email or in person, and let us know what you think.  Suggestions, comments, improvements are all welcome.  The design incorporating the Aikido characters and a quote is particularly flexible and other possible quotes are included further along in the document.  Cartoons are also a possibility.

Also, we're going to be having a bake sale to raise some money in general and to get the t-shirts made in particular.  Also the VSA likes fundraisers.  The bake sale itself is going to be happening in the college center on Monday, March 1.  We have a table reserved, but we need people to sign up to table.  Dave will be bringing a signup sheet to practices starting Tuesday.  The actual baking will happen Sunday, February 29th in Joss Kitchen at noon, any and all who want to help stop on by and lend a hand.

That's about it, so take care and see you at practice!

Kate