[Aikido] Chinese/Japanese Dept. Shindig

loloeb at vassar.edu loloeb at vassar.edu
Mon Oct 11 14:10:04 EDT 2004

Hello my darlings.

                 The Chinese/Japanese department will be holding a
'culture day' on Friday November 5, from 10am to 2pm.  My
Chinese professor has asked me to do a little Aikido
presentation at this shindig.  Since doing Aikido by
myself is not too fun, I was wondering if anyone would
like to volunteer and help me with this presentation.  I
don't need many people, but the more the merrier : )  If
the warm fuzzy feeling of helping a little buddy out
isn't enough of an incentive, there will be FREE ASIAN
FOOD!!!   And even if food isn't a good incentive for
you, there will be a great opportunity to make fun of me
'til the end of time because I have to sing a stupid
Chinese song with my class too.

                So details... I was thinking of keeping this presentation
short and sweet, like under 20 minutes.   Two talented and
advanced people can wow the audience with the Basic 17 or
whatever Japanese term you call it.  Then we can show them
a few  fun moves like Shomenate, Kotegaeshi, Ushiroate,
etc.  Maybe have some audience participation, such and
such...yeah.  It'll be in the Aula and I can probably find
a way to bring the mats over there.   All I need are some
people to beat up.  You guys won't have to stay for the
whole shindig.  I'll try to convince my professor to
schedule the Aikido presentation right before food time,
or right after.  That way you guys can come help me with
the presentation eat food and leave.    Hao bu hao? (
that's Chinese for "is that ok?")

                Coolness.  So think about it and let me know if you'd like
to be part of this exciting and awesome presentation by
like this Wednesday.  Take care and enjoy this wonderful
Monday.

Luv,
       Louise