[Aikido] Video Clips

Aslak Berg asberg at vassar.edu
Tue Mar 22 23:38:16 EST 2005

Hi all,
As I mentioned at practice today I found some really interesting clips on
the net. They are from tournaments in Japan and show some really cool
techniques. The sumi otoshis are particularly interesting and basically show
what we experimented with in class today. In the first one, tori is holding
uke's elbow and in the second one he is bending uke's elbow, which I think
is what Charlie was trying out. The other clips are interesting too, check
out the gyaku and the kote gaeshi to shomen ate for example.
 The web site I found them on is a little bit unreliable so I've uploaded
all of them to my vspace account. Go to vspace.vassar.edu, click on "find a
directory" and search for asberg/aikido. The names are a little bit weird,
syomenn instead of shomen etc. but you should be able to figure it out.

See you at practice

Aslak