[Aikido] Practice Times This Week...

Sean Flynn flynn at vassar.edu
Tue Aug 29 13:35:03 EDT 2006

Dear Everybody,

   First of all, welcome back.  I look forward to training hard with all of
you again this year and to deepening our friendships while improving our budo.

     Eric already gave everyone a good rundown of where the club stands and
our goals for this year, but let me just say that the club has now reached
a very high level of expertise, so that practices will now be more fun than
ever and improvement will come more quickly than ever.  That will be very
satisfying.

   For this week, the gym is still on summer hours, closing at 8 p.m. each
evening.  So for this week, let's have practices at 6 p.m.  That is, I'll
be there at 6 p.m. each day this week (Tuesday through Friday).  Then let's
skip saturday practice this weekend but have Sunday practice at noon.

   The gym goes on normal hours (closing at 11 p.m.) on Monday, September
4th.  So we'll go back to our regular Tuesday/Thursday times from 8-11 p.m.
on Tuesday the 6th of September.  (But, just for fun, let's also have a
Monday at 6 p.m. practice on Monday the 4th.)

   Come to as many of these extra practices this week as you can, as it
will be a good way to get back into the swing of things in preparation for
the tournament, which is only 6 weeks away.

Cheers,

Sean

Yours truly,

Sean Flynn