[Aikido] Summer Schedule

Sean Flynn flynn at vassar.edu
Fri May 26 17:21:46 EDT 2006

Dear Everybody,

   First, I want to wish a very happy graduation to our seniors.  I
consider having been your sensei an honor and look forward to maintaining
friendships with you that will grow and deepen for, God willing, many
decades.  Each of you has impressed me with your hard work, determination,
and character.  I know each of you will do amazing things in the years to
come and I will have fun bragging to people that I know you and that I used
to teach you aikido.

   Now, as for the summer schedule, it will be as follows.  There will be
three practices per week:  Mondays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m. and Sunday
afternoons from 2-5 p.m.  We need to get the club geared up for the US
nationals which we will of course be hosting this October.  So expect a lot
of randori in addition to continuing to improve your kata and forms.

   There should also be four or five new faces, and I hope everyone will
give them a warm welcome.

   Finally, this weekend will be a bit chaotic with graduation.  So how
about one last Saturday practice from 2-5, and then no practice on Sunday
(since it's graduation.) Then, for Monday, I'm not sure the gym will be
open due to the Memorial Day holiday.  So please call the gym to find
out.  I'll call, too, and if they say that it's going to be open till 8
p.m., we'll have practice.  Otherwise, no.

   That means our summer schedule will begin in ernest on Thursday June 1st
at 6 p.m.  See you then!

Cheers,

Sean

Yours truly,