[Aikido] at the Jewett Centennial??

Eric Snyder ersnyder at vassar.edu
Fri Apr 13 11:08:09 EDT 2007

Dear Aikidoka,
I received this email asking if we would like to table and demo at the
Jewett Centennial. It is a festival/Carnival from 2-5pm on the quad on the
21st. I will be out of town and cannot organize our table but if anyone
would like to take the initiative on this I have copied the organizers email
below and you can contact him directly.
Thanks,
Eric

Dear Eric -

Hi, my name is Chase Berenson, and I am the Vice President of Jewett.  The
Jewett Centennial is coming up on April 21st, and it will be a full day
event for the campus to come together and celebrate the last 100 years.
There will be a carnival on the quad in the afternoon, followed by a
barbeque and bonfire, and a party that night in Jewett.

We would like to invite Aikido Club to table in the afternoon; the
carnival is from 2PM-5PM, and we will have a stage set up with live
on-campus performers, bouncy castles, games, and more.  We are also
looking for orgs who want to table, both to improve their own visibility
among a campuswide audience and hopefully to entertain people while they
walk around the quad.

I think this would be a great opportunity to maybe do some aikido
demonstrations on the quad, gain attention on campus, and recruit club
members for next year.

I understand that it's late notice, but if you could consider
participating in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.  It will also
be a great opportunity to be seen outdoors in front of a campuswide crowd
on a beautiful spring afternoon.

Again, the tabling will take place from 2PM-5PM during the carnival.
Please reply by Friday, April 13th.

Thank you, and we look forward to hopefully getting a chance to work with
you soon!

-- Chase Berenson
Vice President, Jewett