[Aikido] [Fwd: The Official 2007 AikidoPalooza Flier]

flynn at vassar.edu flynn at vassar.edu
Mon Jan 1 14:28:24 EST 2007

Dear Vassar Aikidoka,

  Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!  Happy New Year!

  Please find attached a flier for the "Aikidfest" that Correy Gibault
Sensei of Norwalk (CT) Aikido is putting together for the weekend before
the start of school.  Something like 10 aikido senseis will each be
given something like 80 minutes each over the course of 3 days (Friday
evening, all day Saturday, and then Sunday morning) do present some
aikido from each of their respective styles.  I think I'm on for
Saturday.

  In any event, no pressure to go, but if there is enough interest, we can
organize rides and perhaps crash space with a certain senior club member
who lies in CT!

  In other news, I think we'll have Kangeiko (winter training) for the two
days before classes begin.  That is, I think the Spring semester begins
on a Wednesday, so Monday and Tuesday we'll do aikido 6 hours a day.  A
morning training session followed by lunuch and then an evening training
session.   I will clear up details and then get back to you.

  And just so you get the timing right, if you are totally insane, you can
go to three days of Gibault Sensei's Aikipalooza in Norwalk followed by
two days of our Kangeiko on campus.

Cheers,

Sean