[Aikido] Elections

Jeffrey Stickle jestickle at vassar.edu
Tue Apr 22 19:45:08 EDT 2008

Aikido Club Members,

The time has come to pass the torches of leadership on to next year's
executive board. We will be holding elections beginning Saturday. If
you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for a position,
email me with the name and what position. Nominations are due by
Friday and actual elections will begin Saturday and last until
Tuesday. Once all nominations are in, I will email the list of
nominees to everyone. The way elections will work is that any club
member who would like to vote will email a third-party student to
ensure the elections are not biased. This person will then total all
the votes and let me know of the winners. I will let everyone know who
that person is on Saturday.

Here are the summaries of the duties of each position:

President:

The chief responsibilities of the President are to help promote club
unity, act as the club liaison, write and submit VSA organizational
reports, reply to VAC’s emails, and to contribute suggestions and/or
ideas for future events that could be held at Vassar or off-campus.

Vice-President:

             The chief duties of the Vice-President are to organize
and plan events, demonstrations, speakers, and educators. Also the
Vice-President is in charge of publicity, reservations, speakers, and
to aid in future-events planning. The Vice-President will work closely
with the other officers in planning events and competitions, making
sure the dates and schedules of members do not conflict.

Secretary:

              The chief duties of the secretary are to aid the
president in overseeing the daily activities of the club, research and
offer ideas on future competitions/events, and act as a proxy when the
President cannot be present.  The secretary is also expected to keep
up-to-date membership and mailing lists.  Furthermore, the secretary
is expected to help publicize events and meet with potential speakers
and guests.

Treasurer:

             The chief duties of the treasurer are to attend treasurer
meetings, take care of purchases and reimbursements, design and
allocate a budget, write a budget proposal, petition for funds, keep
accurate records of the budget, and to plan fundraising events.

Jeff