[Aikido] let's try this again...

Chelsea Anderson andersonchelsea91 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 23:42:28 EST 2010

Sorry to keep spamming your inboxes, but it appears that, for some people at
least, the body of the email I sent out yesterday didn't show up- I guess
the mailing list can't handle attachments or something? Anyway, here's the
original message sans attachment.

Sorry again,
Chelsea Anderson

---------------

Greetings, fellow aikido practitioners! I hope you all are doing well. Just
a couple of reminders regarding the rest of the semester:

1.) Uniforms. If you want to order a dogi and have not already done so,
please respond to this email with your name and size by *November 30th. *The
cost will be $25 for the dogi and a one-time-only fee of $5 for a belt. To
give you an idea of what size you might be, consider that Emily, Peter, and
Jun all wear 3's. We have (or will soon will have) a few extra in larger
sizes, so if you want to try on a gi top before ordering, it will probably
be possible to do so during practice.

Gary, Sarah, Peter Dau, Kenny, and Lee- we already have your orders
recorded, so you don't need to respond again.

2.) BELT TESTS!!! They're going to be held on Thursday, December 9th (during
study week) during our normal practice time. If you're planning to test,
make sure that a) we know about it, b) you're coming to practices regularly,
and c) you've decided on a partner. Your partner should be around your size,
and you ought to coordinate your practice times somewhat so that you have a
chance to work together before the test.

3.) Elections! So, you know how we're supposed to have a Vice President but
actually don't? We've decided it's time to change that. I've attached a copy
of what I believe to be the most recent copy of our club's constitution. If
you're interested in running for the position, please read the job
description as described there and then come talk to the executive board
during practice. Anybody who wants to is allowed to run.

We're also considering creating a new position for PR (like, the facebook
account and flyers and suchlike)- we'll keep you posted on that.

So, I think that's everything. If you have any questions, feel free to
respond to this email or talk to us at practice.

-Chelsea