[Aikido] May at the Mojo!

Chelsea Anderson andersonchelsea91 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:35:30 EDT 2011

Hey guys!

We finally got the dates for May at the Mojo- if you're interested in going,
mark your calendars down for May 6-8. Yes, that's the weekend of study week
(exams start on the 11th), but then again, it's also not founder's day.

For those of you who haven't heard, May at the Mojo is a randori training
extravaganza in Ohio, hosted yearly by Moe Stevens. It's a bit of a hike
from here (10 hours by car), but if you're looking to really work hard on
your randori and see it improve, this is probably a good event to go to.
There will be an impressive lineup of blackbelt instructors, and, if nothing
else, it's a good opportunity to practice hard and for long hours. For more
information about the event, you can look at the rough schedule pasted below
or else ask during practice.

Should you decide that you want to go, you must a) reply to this email
telling us so asap and then b) start trying to procure a sleeping bag, since
to the best of my knowledge we'll be sleeping on the dojo floor.

I hope a lot of people can come! Official info pasted below.

-Chelsea

-------------------------

May at the Mojo is May 6-7-8. The tentative schedule is as follows:

Friday eve 6 - 9 Tests and informal workout ($10.00 mat fee for testing) All
candidates testing for shodan and MUST have ALL paper work completed before
the test!

Saturday 9 - 10:30 Wade Current
10:30 - 12 Bob King and Josh Ramey
12 - 1 Lunch
12 - 2 Afternoon Seminar 1
2:30 - 4:30 Afternoon Seminar 2
5 - 6 Afternoon Seminar 3

Sunday 9 - 12 Morning Seminar 1

Cost: $40 for the entire weekend; $30 for Saturday(7th) only and $15 each
for Friday(7th) and Sunday(8th).

Saturday evening meal will be at a local Chinese place which has a room big
enough for us all for about $11 - 12. Saturday lunch is included in the cost
of the seminar.