[SAMs] WHO IS YOUR BUDDY??????

Yasmin Reid yareid at vassar.edu
Wed Mar 17 18:36:10 EST 2004

Hello Vassar Athletes,

This email is to inform you about a new program SAMs (Student-Athlete
Mentors) are starting up with Vassar athletes...And to ask for your
help!

We want to launch Buddy Teams - a coupling of a few, cross-season
teams on campus.
Each team would be asked to go see and cheer at at least one home
event of their buddy team.
The goal is to get more fans at Vassar athletic home events. And we
thought we'd start with US.

We understand that this initiative is staring a little late in the
school year, but it's really something we want to get up and running
so we can start out fresh supporting fall teams next year.

You will be receiving emails from us to let us know what home events
will be happening each week.  Also, there is the new banner hanging
in Walker which will be updated weekly to show the home events.

You ask - who are your Buddy Teams??

Field Hockey - Baseball - Men's and Women's Fencing

Men's Volleyball - Women's Lacrosse - Women's Soccer

Men's Lacrosse - Men's Soccer - Women's Rugby

Men's and Women's Basketball - Men's and Women's Rowing - Men's and
Women's Squash

Women's Volleyball - Men's Rugby - Women's Golf

Men's and Women's Swim/Dive - Men's and Women's Tennis - Men's and
Women's Cross-Country

Some commonly asked questions:

What happens if your buddy team has completed their season???
We hope that you will act in good faith of them reciprocating your
support by going to a spring event.  We know that some teams may not
get the support this year because their seasons have ended but hope
that by initiating this during the Spring it will continue in the
fall and be a popular activity.

What happens if your buddy team only has away competitions???
We hope that you will be creative in your support of them by making
posters, good lucks packages or by finding some other way to wish
them well.

How can I better the relationship with my buddy team???
Talk with their captains and coaches!!!  Find out what games are
pivotal in their season or who their big rivals are - then make a
concerted effort to gather your team for the games.

This opportunity is a great way to promote Vassar Athletics!  We hope
that by making Vassar Athletics a more cohesive and supportive entity
we will garner the support of non-athletes as well.

If you have questions - please contact your SAM!

--
Yasmin L. Reid ATC/L,  MSEd
Assistant Athletic Trainer

Phone:845-437-7712