[SAMs] This week

Yasmin L. Reid yareid at vassar.edu
Mon Apr 4 11:12:20 EDT 2005

HELLO VASSAR BREWERS! It is just our second installment of this weekly
athletics update and we have ALOT to talk about..

Congratulations to:
Men's Volleyball for defeating NJIT in an amazing 3-2 victory after a 0-2
deficit!
Women's Rugby for obliterating both Fordham(22-7) and UMASS(26-5)! Now
let's see similar results at Nationals girls!
Men's Rugby for bringing down #2 ranked Middlebury 17-10 in a muddy,
well-fought victory!
Women's Tennis for coming in 2nd at 7 Sisters this past weekend!

UPCOMING HOME GAMES:

TUE 4/5: Womens Lacrosse v. Manhattanville 4pm @ Prentiss
FRI 4/8: Mens Tennis v. Wesleyan 4pm @ Joss Courts
SAT 4/9: Mens Rugby v. W.Connecticut 12pm @ Vassar Farm
          Mens Lacrosse v. Clarkson 2pm @ Prentiss

DONT FORGET:

1. this THURSDAY is.. JOCKAPELLA!!! come support your athletically but not
so vocally talented athletes compete. (but hey, you never know! anyways,
we promise it will be entertaining) 9:30 pm in Taylor Auditorium. Please
bring $2 for Tsunami relief efforts.

2. SAAC is accepting designs for a Vassar mascot!
Guidelines:  mascot should be representative of Matthew Vassar and design
CANNOT incorporate or condone use of alcohol.
All entries can be submitted to box 1682 or to emlearner at vassar.edu by
Friday, April 22.  Entries may be submitted by any student of Vassar
College.
Winning design will be revealed at the athletic banquet on May 4.

3. All student athletes: don't forget that SAAC nominations are due this
TUESDAY 4/5!!

"Do it for ol' Matthew!"