[Sci-all-l] Gray wolves need our help

Flora Grabowska flgrabowska at vassar.edu
Wed Dec 1 12:29:18 EST 2004

I am forwarding this plea of Bill Lynn's who may be known to some of you.
Flora

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

A brief informational email about eastern gray wolves in the United States.

As many of you know, the US Fish and Wildlife Service is proposing to delist
the gray wolf from the Endangered Species list in its eastern distinct
population segment. You can find detailed information about this proposal at
http://midwest.fws.gov/wolf/.

Practical Ethics has partnered with the Association for the Protection of
the Adirondacks (AfPA) to oppose this delisting, and urge a 'deep recovery'
of wolves across the entirety of their former range. Such a recovery applies
to both the eastern US, as well as throughout North America. We take this
position on ecological, social and ethical grounds. By integrating all
three, we are breaking new ground in the effort to restore and protect
wolves, wildlife and wildlands.

The joint letter, as well as a press release from AfPA, is attached. The
AfPA press release has generated substantial news interest, and our
statement has been the topic of discussion in regional newspapers and radio
shows.

You can find more information about the AfPA at
www.protectadks.org/index.html. For more information about Practical Ethics,
please visit www.practicalethics.net.

Sincerely, Bill Lynn

PS. Please redistribute as is appropriate. Apologies for cross posting.
~
William S. Lynn, Ph.D.
Senior Ethics Advisor
Practical Ethics
95 Liberty Street, Beacon, NY 12508
914.260.0344
williamlynn at practicalethics.net
www.practicalethics.net

--
Flora Grabowska, Science Librarian      phone 845 437 5788
Box 553
124 Raymond Ave,                        e-mail:flgrabowska at vassar.edu
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604-0553
Vassar College Library Website: http://library.vassar.edu/vcl/index.html