[Sci-all-l] Modern Physics Laboratory final presentations

Eric Myers myers at noether.vassar.edu
Mon May 3 09:42:36 EDT 2004

Dear Science and Math students, faculty and staff,

  You are cordially invited to attend the final presentations for
Physics 201, the Modern Physics Laboratory.  Each student will present
a 10 minute talk on one aspect of an experiment they have dealt with
during this semester.

	   Physics 201 Final Presentations
	   Tuesday, May 4th  from 3:00 to 6:30 PM
	   201 Olmsted

The students presenting and their titles are:

  Peter Robinson - "Adventures in Hollography"
  Michael Mucciolo - "Bragg Scattering"
  Richard Bi - "Cosmic Ray Spectrum"
  Jessica Lawrence - "Breaking the Color Code: Spectral Analysis in
		      Atomic Identification"
  Kate Dooley - "Investigating the Acousto-Optic Effect"
  Francis Appiah - "Investigating Apparatus Setup in the Observation
		    of the Photoelectric Effect"
  Ben Hummon - "Cosmic Ray Fun..."
  Donnele Daley - "The Experimental Determination of the Universal
		   Constant of Gravitation using Cavendish's method"
  Jess S. Kautz - "Lasers, and how I Learned to Love Them"
  David Goldstein - "The Splitting of Spectral Lines in a Deuterium/Hydrogen
		     Mixture and the Limits of our our Grating Spectrometer"
  Eric Theriault - "Holography - Interfering with the Obelisk"
  Justin Minder - "Measuring the Strength of Gravity via the Cavendish
		   Experiment: Analysis, Results, and Uncertainties"

Eric Myers
Physics 201  - Modern Physics Laboratory