[Sci-all-l] X-ray Diffractometer training seminar Monday and Tuesday

Joseph M. Tanski jotanski at vassar.edu
Fri Jan 20 10:10:13 EST 2006

Dear All:

Welcome back to the new semester and Happy New Year!

This Monday and Tuesday, January 23 and 24, we will be be holding a
training seminar on the use of the hardware and software of our new X-ray
diffractometer:

"Crystal Structure Determination and Refinement Using the Bruker AXS SMART
APEX2 System at Vassar College"

Dr. Charles Campana will be here from Bruker, and I will be leading the
seminar with him.

Please join us in the Sci Vis lab for the seminar!

Schedule:

Monday, January 23

1:00 - 2:30 Introduction to Crystals and Crystallography, Introduction to
the APEX2 hardware and software

Break and Refreshments

3:00 - 4:30 APEX2 Software Demonstration: X-ray Data Collection

Instrument Tour

Tuesday, January 24

9:00 Breakfast

9:30 - 10:30 SHELXTL Software Demonstration:  Structure Determination and
Refinement

10:30 - ? SHELXTL Workshop... Solve and refine a crystal structure.

Hope to see you there!

Joe Tanski

--
Joseph M. Tanski