[Sci-all-l] Web of Science visit Thursday

Flora Grabowska flgrabowska at vassar.edu
Tue May 2 12:10:47 EDT 2006

Web of Science reps want to show us what a great tool it is.   You
are invited to their presentation on Thursday May 4th at 10.30 am in
the library electronic classroom.  I know this is a bad time for
everyone and I expect that few of you will be able to attend but come
if you are able.  I will be there, on your behalf, paying close
attention.

Web of Science and Scopus are both very expensive resources and  we
will have to choose which to keep as the better resource for Vassar
College.  I am seeking your input and will send out a further request
with points for consideration during study week.

Our contract with WoS runs through December 2007.
Meanwhile we have Scopus on trial until Dec 2006 but we have to sign
a contract if we mean to keep it by October 2006 and we need to
decide before then.

What I would really like to see is WoS and Scopus both lower their
prices so we could keep both but this may not happen.

Flora

Good Morning Flora:

I wanted to confirm our meeting on Thursday May 4th, 2006 @ 10:30am.
I will be bringing with me one of our global sales team members to
present on the developments and enhancements, as it is a great
presentation. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be
out of the office this afternoon but can be reached on my cell phone
at 267.303.9208. Thank you again, and I look forward to meeting with
you.

Lauren Seltzer

Lauren Seltzer
University Account Manager
Thomson Scientific
3501 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
E: <mailto:lauren.seltzer at thomson.com>lauren.seltzer at thomson.com
P: 800.336.4474 | 215.823.5603 (Direct)
C: 267.303.9208
F: 215.243.2206
<http://www.thomsonisi.com/>www.thomsonisi.com

--
Flora Grabowska, Science Librarian      phone 845 437 5788
Box 553
124 Raymond Ave,                        e-mail:flgrabowska at vassar.edu
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604-0553
Vassar College Library Website: http://library.vassar.edu/vcl/index.html