[Sci-all-l] Scopus & Web of Science

Mark Christel christel at vassar.edu
Mon Aug 20 14:07:53 EDT 2007

Vassar will have access to Scopus (http://www.scopus.com) again
through Sept. 15.

Our contract with Web of Science is ending and we need to make a
renewal decision by Sept. 15, so Elsevier has given us a one-month
trial to Scopus in the hopes that we will decide to subscribe to it
rather than, or in addition to, the Web of Science.

While we would love to have access to both Scopus and Web of Science,
the two products are very expensive and we'll probably need to choose
between them.  One of the ways we'll be trying to gather input is
through several sessions that will compare the databases side by
side.  We'll be publicizing these events as soon as we've got times
and locations set up.

Best,
Mark

--
Mark A. Christel
Associate Director for Reader Services and Collections

845-437-5763
845-437-5864 (fax)
christel at vassar.edu