[Sci-all-l] Hudson Valley Science Cafe

Flora Grabowska flgrabowska at vassar.edu
Wed Apr 14 10:57:34 EDT 2010

I plan to attend the April 28th Cafe and could
take up to 3 passengers.  I'd set off approx 5
pm, just after Convo from 77 Raymond Ave.  Flora

Hudson Valley Science Café
Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 7:00 PM

Fracking

Topic: Risks to New York water supplies from natural gas "fracking"

Presenter: Stephen Penningroth, Ph.D. Executive
Director, Community Science Institute, Ithaca.

A Science Cafe is a monthly gathering in a Cafe,
Pub or Restaurant, open to the public, with a
short presentation of a topic followed by
discussion. The essence of a Science Cafe is
informality, with groups seated around tables
with food and drink to encourage conversation.
 Hudson Valley Science Café usually meets on the
4th Wednesday of the month, except where noted.
Website:
<file:///exchweb/bin/redir.asp>http://www.cafescientifique.org/hudsonvalley.htm

Meeting site: Diana's, 1015 Little Britain Road
(Route 207), New Windsor (just east of Stewart
Newburgh Airport, on the opposite side of the
road from the airport entrance). See
 <http://www.DIANASNY.com>http://www.DIANASNY.com
for menus and map.

$3.00 admission fee includes coffee or tea. If
you arrive at 6 PM, you can order from the Early
Bird menu. No orders are taken during the
Presentation (7:00-7:30).

SAVE THESE DATES

May 26: "Why the recession, and where we are
going: Job growth in America"  Gordon Rauer,
M.A., businessman and former teacher of Economics
(Syracuse University adjunct).

June 23: "The Geology of the Hudson River Valley
and the art it inspired", Gilbert Brenner, Ph.D.,
Retired Professor of Paleontology and Geology,
SUNY New Paltz

July 28: "Environmental endocrine disruptors: How
we identify them, and what they mean to people",
Errol Zeiger, Ph.D., LL.D., an independent
consultant who formerly worked for FDA, and then
NIEHS (NIH) from 1976 - 2000, where he developed
and directed the genetic toxicology development
and testing program in the National Toxicology
Program.

August 25: "What's eating you?  People and
Parasites" Eugene Kaplan, Ph.D, Axinn
Distinguished Professor of Conservation and
Ecology, Hofstra University

Hudson Valley Science Café has received start-up
funds from WGBH-NOVA and The American Chemical
Society.
To suggest a speaker (yourself included), please
contact Dr. Toby Rossman
(<http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/blank.html?bn=348.5&.intl=us&.lang=en-US>tobyrossman at yahoo.com)
--
Flora Grabowska, Science Librarian      phone 845 437 5788
Vassar College Box 553,                     fax   845 437 5864
124 Raymond Ave,                       email flgrabowska at vassar.edu
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604-0553
Vassar College Libraries website: http://library.vassar.edu/vcl/index.html
Open Access Publishing website: