[Unix-l] Redhat box compromised

Eric Myers myers at noether.vassar.edu
Tue Mar 9 08:49:47 EST 2004

[On Mar 9 2004,  7:15, "Dave Calafrancesco" <dcalaf at vassar.edu> wrote:]
> 9.x is EOL end of this month IIRC. I'd suggest looking at Debian, start
> from the new Sarge installer and you don't have to deal with the install
> of the old potato and upgrade to sarge route. I usually have local Debian
> ISO files online but have them down migrating them to a new system and
> haven't had time to put them back online with everything else going on
> around here.

Thanks Dave.  Don't worry about putting the ISO's online.  I have the
"woody" disks, and I see that "sarge" is still considered a test
release, so I'll stick with the stable release.

That is why a lot of physicists stayed with RH 7.x, it was more stable
than the latest RH releases, which were coming out too quickly (IMHO).

I'm not sure if I'll switch to Debian or to Fedora Core.  It seems
that the path may be easier from RH 7.x to Fedora, but I'm not sure.
I need to test each on a spare box to see which will work best.

       -Eric Myers