[Vcfilmmakers-l] Art of Direction Workshop FRIDAY + Socially Awkward Porn SUNDAY

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Tue Nov 3 21:09:06 EST 2009

Two things:

ONE:
Former Vassar Filmmakers Prez Brian Paccione will be coming up THIS FRIDAY to do a workshop on the Art of Direction. It will occur at 6:30 in Rocky 312 and will run approximately an hour-and-a-half. If you have ANY interest at all in directing, BE THERE, as Brian will be going through much of what he's learned during his time attending Columbia University's grad school program for film production.

In an email to me about the workshop he stated:

I will be talking about the art of direction. I will be talking about how good direction is a craft that can be worked at and improved, a technical skill that can be learned. I will be talking about how to use the camera as narrator. I will be talking about what shots to use and when to use them. I will discuss the concepts of POV, escalation and restraint. I will talk about how to shoot and construct a dramatic scene (not just any scene, but a dramatic one). I will discuss when and where you should break the 180 degree rule. I will talk about staging and blocking as well in dramatic scenes.

TWO:
Vassar Grad Sara Wolkowitz (Class of '05) has a screening going on on Sunday.

Here's the info:

Hello friends!!! So...as many of you know over the past 2 years I have been working on a Shlong Awkward Pause, or as some of you may have heard me call it - Socially Awkward Porn. And if you haven't heard me talk about it - it's a 30 minute series of 7 sex farces. AND....we're done! We're going to screen it on November 8th. We'd love as many people to come out and see it as possible, so come and bring friends!

Here's the info -

Sunday November 8th, 2009

3:30pm - 4:30pm Millenium Film Theater

66 e. 4th Street
Suggestion Donation - $10

Please come! It should be a fun time!
Sara Wolkowitz

SEE YA'LL FRIDAY,
Kyle

PS - We will not have a meeting on Friday - just make sure to go to the workshop and if you have any issues or ideas you would like to have addressed send me an email.