[Vcfilmmakers-l] MEETING + SPEAKERS + LETUS + CORALINE IN 3D

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Thu Oct 29 04:53:44 EDT 2009

Hey All,

There will be a meeting this FRIDAY in Rocky 201 (yeah, we're changing up the room) at 6PM. Please bring with you any ideas that you might've been working on and we'll see if we can start to set up crews for filming this semester.

We will also be discussing the various SPEAKERS we are going to try to get to come by Vassar this year. The speakers that we will be trying to get for this semester for workshops are open to your input about exactly what they will be discussing, so please come to the meeting if you want your voice heard about what they will be doing when they come.

We'll also be showing off our new LETUS, aka the camera adapter that will MELT YOUR FACE OFF with how good the visuals look. We'll show you what a difference using it makes during the meeting. If you want to use it, however, you will need to be personally trained by Tim O'Connor, Eric Schuman, or Alex Levy at a later date.

And if you want to see the Letus in action, I just shot (and am currently still editing) a SHORT FILM with a Letus over the break. It'll be showing before the Film League's screening of CORALINE IN 3D this weekend. The screening will begin at 7:30PM on Thursday and Friday and at 9PM on Saturday and will be held in Blodgett Auditorium - make sure you go on time if you want to catch the short.

Here's the link to the facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=165397040807&ref=nf

And info about the film:

Vassar Filmmakers Presents:
A short horror film (of sorts)

Directed By:
Kyle Porter
Max Gold

Starring:
Amanda Messenger
Vicki Marquette
The Plastic Surgeon

Cinematography By:
Max Gold

Edited By:
John Mattia

Sound By:
Nat Allister
Maria Androushko

Keep in mind that the Film League is open to showing Vassar Filmmakers projects before their feature films and so you should make sure to keep this screening venue in mind when working on films.

Deliriously editing,
Kyle