[Vcfilmmakers-l] Remi's Making a Film + Gig for $$$ + Gig for Glory(?)

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Tue Apr 6 03:21:11 EDT 2010

Hi All,

4 Quick Things:

1. Meeting Friday:
We'll be screening and workshopping Cheng Peng's latest film, which he shot over the summer in Beijing (and which is quite awesome). Same time, same place.

2. Remi's Making a Film:
"My name is Rémi Bassaler, I am an exchange student from France. I am only here for one year which means that I am leaving in 40 days. For the past 3 months, I have been writing a script ("The Life of the Electrons") and thinking about the subsequent movie. Though it is very precise in my head (in terms of shots and locations), I am extremely open to others' viewpoints and am looking for people interested in the project. I need actors (boys and girls), a cinematographer, a person taking care of the sound, and maybe other motivated people. If you are interested, drop me an mail at this address (I can send you the script): rebassaler at vassar.edu.

A few words on the film to tease you guys ==>

Electrons are unstable, they don't know when they are going to die (they can die in 10 sec or in 12 years). I want to apply that to human beings and see what it would change in terms of interpersonal relationships and creativity. The movie is a sort of tribute to the Surrealists (it is inspired by two paintings: one of Chirico, one of Delvaux; but also by Breton and Soupault who wrote a book called "Magnetic field" which is automatic writing), to the power of the imaginary but most of all to the fact that we must not forget that life itself can be surrealist(and is full of strange, beautiful things). It only depends on how you perceive and stand in society. Life and art are not two distinctive dimensions.

3. Job for Possible Payment
Hey Kyle,
My name is Laura Sousa and I am a senior music major about to give a
senior recital (I play violin.)  I got your name from a couple of my
film major friends because I am looking for someone to
videotape my recital.  I've heard that you're the head of the Vassar
Filmmakers, so I figured you might know of someone who would be
willing/able to do it (or you, yourself?).  The recital is on April
10th at 1:30 in Skinner and it should last about an hour.  I would
definitely offer compensation to whoever agreed to do it.  I know
this is kind of short notice, but the person I asked before just told
me she can't do it anymore.  So yeah, if you could just let me know
if you might be able to film it, or if you could give me names of
people who might, I'd definitely appreciate it.
Thanks!
Laura

4. Good N Plenty
Hi Kyle,
I'm directing a show for the Philaletheis society this weekend called Good N Plenty, and I'm looking for someone to film it. Someone told me to contact you as head of Vassar Filmmakers to see if you could send a message out to see if anyone might be interested in doing it. The play is Thursday and Friday at 8 and Saturday and Sunday at 2 in Rocky 200. Overall, the play should last about two hours. Obviously, anyone in the show would want a DVD would pay for one. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much.
Danny Gilberg

Horrified by drills being used as "organs"--
Kyle