[Vcfilmmakers-l] Tonight + Revised Schedule for Screenings This Weekend + Videography

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Thu Apr 22 03:58:15 EDT 2010

Dear All,

1. THANKS
to all of you that attended the Mark Friedberg lecture tonight - we had a great turn-out and I think that Mark had some good advice to all you aspiring filmmakers out there. Speak to me if you missed the event and would like me to go through my notes from his discussion with you.

2. REVISED SCHEDULE FOR FILM HISTORIAN LOU SABINI'S CLASSIC DIRECTOR SCREENINGS THIS WEEKEND!

Lou Sabini will be here this weekend with his own 16MM PRINTS of lesser known films by famous directors.

Here's the (revised) schedule:
FRIDAY:
2PM = William Wyler's DODSWORTH = "the best film of the 1930's" (101 min)
4PM = Preston Sturges' HAIL THE CONQUERING HERO = a film from the original King of Comedy (101 min)
(6PM = Break for dinner)
6:30PM = Alfred Hitchcock's THE LADY VANISHES = a comedy within the guise of a thriller from the Master of Suspense (97 min)

SATURDAY:
10AM = Frank Capra's PLATINUM BLONDE = a clever newspaper comedy (aka the genre that spawned Citizen Kane) (85 min)
HIGH NOON = John Ford's MY DARLING CLEMENTINE = a poetic Western from the master of the genre (97 min)
(2PM = Break for lunch)
2:30PM = Buster Keaton's STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. = a classic from that other (arguably funnier) silent comic (69 min)

There will be an introduction before each film and a brief Q&A following each film. So come out and to see a few (or all) of these beautiful, actual film prints.

And if I haven't already invited you, here's the link to the facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=117409131618147

3. VIDEOGRAPHY
The cameraman that the Music Department hires from Media Resources was fired recently, so I was wondering if you or someone in Vassar Filmmakers could film my Senior Recital this Saturday at 4:00pm in Skinner Hall. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Brian Kim
Contact brkim at vassar.edu if you're interested.

Trying to trust in my instincts and take chances,
Kyle