[Vcfilmmakers-l] IMPORTANT LAST MEETING TOMORROW

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Thu Apr 29 12:54:55 EDT 2010

Hi All,

1. Final Meeting
Tomorrow at 7PM (yes 7PM) we will have our last meeting of the year in Rocky 312. We will discuss plans for next year, including:
-Speakers you want to come
-Events you want to hold
-Any changes in the organization you want to discuss

Tim will also do a run-down of how to get us your films to be shown in the end-of-the-year showcase.

Finally, we'll be taking a group picture, so ya'll can remember the club's composition this year. So be there if you want to be remembered.

2. Experimental Filmmaker Here!
TONIGHT: Experimental filmmaker Leighton Pierce will be speaking in the Rosenwald at 7:30PM (sponsored by the Film Department). Go!

3. Sister Spit:
TODAY AND TOMORROW:
Dear Vassar Filmmakers,

As a representative of Vassar College Feminist Alliance I am emailing you about our annual Women of Word event-- this April 29th and 30th. This year we are bringing a fantastic group of performers called Sister Spit. Here's what they have to say for themselves:

"The legendary, raucous, rowdy performance gang, Sister Spit, comes to Vassar College with a vanload of queertastic brilliance! Don't miss this multimedia literary explosion of zinesters, fashion plates, novelists, performance artists, poets and fancy scribblers. Featuring queer luminary Michelle Tea, trans filmmaker and Tribe 8 founder Silas Howard, graphic novelist and Catholic school survivor Elisha Lim, spoken word pioneer Regie Cabico, psychic memoirist Len Plass, zinester/portraitist/graphic novelist Nicole J. Georges, and Power Point loving shape-shifter Annie Danger!!"

On Thursday and Friday, the individual artists will be holding workshops.

We thought you might be particularly interested in Silas Howard's workshop, "Trespass This!" as it will be a DIY film workshop with a focus on using fiction and metaphor to tell personal stories.

Attached to this e-mail is the description of the workshops the performers will be holding. On Thursday night there will be a performance including the whole Sister Spit troupe. Friday night, we will have an open pot-luck dinner with the Sister Spitters. Please see the schedule below.

We hope you'll pass this on to your friends. See you there!

Thursday

Location: College Center Multi-Purpose Room

1:00 pm: Silas Howard: Trespass This!
2:30 pm: Annie Danger: Trans 101
4:00 pm: Len Plass: Memoirs of the Formative Years
5:30 pm: Elisha Lim: Quit Your Job
8:00 pm: Sister Spit Performance

Friday

Location: The Aula

2:30 pm: Nicole Georges: Homorobics!
4:00 pm: Regie Cabico: Verbal Fire
5:30 pm: Michelle Tea: Building a DIY literary career
6:30 pm: A Pot-luck

Good(day) and Good Luck,
Kyle