[Vcfilmmakers-l] Anyone know why Chapter 11 = Bankruptcy? (Please note: the answer = not very exciting)

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Fri Feb 19 00:29:38 EST 2010

Yoz,

Chapter 1: The Website
= Launched = http://vsa.vassar.edu/orgs/vassarfilmmakers/
Go there. Learn. Follow links to critics/theorists. Watch some films.
We'll have all our future events posted up there soon.
If you want your video or a cool link posted up there, email erschuman at vassar.edu
If you forget what the site is, google Vassar Filmmakers and it's the first link.

Chapter 2: The Kelly Reichardt
The up and coming Independent Director = Here
= Next Wednesday (Feb. 24th) at 6PM in the Rosenwald Theater.
Film League is screening her most recent release, WENDY & LUCY at 7:30PM on Friday & Saturday in Blodgett Auditorium.
We're screening OLD JOY, her first feature at 4:30PM (right before her lecture/Q&A) in the Rosenwald Theater.
If you don't go, you'll later kick yourself in the face (as I did after not seeing Vampire Weekend).

Chapter 3: The After-Hours
After-Hours is looking to coordinate with filmmakers. The people below are looking to make a video to go along with one of their songs - contact Kyle Moon-Wright (aka kymoonwright at vassar.edu) if you're interested:
Graham Mayshark : http://www.myspace.com/mamspacebook
Mara Connor-Hirsch: See the Breathe and Kite Song attachments for examples of her music.
Rachel Vogel: See the Terrible Times attachment for an example of her music.

Chapter 4: The Meeting Tomorrow = Lighting Tutorial
= On the sound-stage in the Center for Drama & Film at 4PM.
If you've never been there before, go to the second floor and follow it around until you see a thick, orange door near the stock-room.
Basically, we'll be setting up lights for a couple different scenarios you might encounter on set.
Note that I've only recently figured out how to light things properly (aka within the last couple weeks), so coming to the meeting/workshop will give you a definite leg up in your filmmaking endeavors.

Chapter 5: The Petits Fours
Dani Culver (aka daculver at vassar.edu) just finished a script entitled Petits Fours and is looking for actors and a crew. Contact her if you're interested.
Concept drawing: http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2017/17545126954126338713755.jpg
Don't know what "petits fours" are? http://roses-and-teacups.com/DD/b_PKG.jpg
Looking for actors for the parts of Charlie, Lucy, Mary-Alice, and Henry and production assistants.

Chapter 11: The Entertainment Lawyer, Jaia Thomas
= Here, Next Friday at 4PM in D&F Room 305.
= Extremely useful information (more so than you may now realize).
= Go (on Feb. 26th).

Chapter 27 (I'm not),
Kyle

PS - Robert Altman: "It's all just one film to me. Just different chapters."