[Vcfilmmakers-l] Clear your Calendars for SCREENWRITING WEEKEND + Filmmaking Opportunities

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Thu Jan 28 16:09:11 EST 2010

Hi All,

Just a head's up - next SATURDAY (Feb. 6th) WRITER/DIRECTOR NICK MEYER will be doing a workshop and Q&A in the Rosenwald Theater. We'll be screening ELEGY (which he wrote the screenplay for) on WEDNESDAY (Feb. 3rd) in the Rosenwald, and STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN (which he wrote AND directed) on FRIDAY (Feb. 5th). Screening times will follow soon.

Also, Professor Steerman will be doing a SCREENWRITING WORKSHOP NEXT FRIDAY (Feb. 5th) at 4PM. If you have not had him before, this is your primary opportunity to hear his great advice since he is retiring this year. Location to come soon.

Please also note that the locations provided on the fliers for Woodrow's Workshops this weekend are incorrect - the correct locations are in the email I just sent out and are up on the facebook invite: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=299101055907#/event.php?eid=299101055907&ref=mf

Below are some FILMMAKING OPPORTUNITIES - email the appropriate person below if you're interested:

MESSAGE FROM GRACIE CHARTERS:
I've written a brief, somewhat autobiographical comedy script
involving shenanigans and that sort of thing, and I am looking for
a Vassar filmmaker interested in shooting it. (My hope is to
ultimately put it on the internetz.) It's cast already and will
take place in our TA (really low-budget shit, yo). I am utterly
ignorant about all things technical - I know we need a camera and
someone to operate it but that's about it. Anyway, I'd be happy to
send anyone the script and have an e-mail or telephone
conversation. At this point I don't really have any ideas about
scheduling but, as you may have noticed, this is a pretty low-key
and flexible project. It could be fun, and another incentive might
be donuts or something. Email me at hacharters at vassar.edu.

Thanks!
Gracie Charters

MESSAGE FROM JACKSON KROOPF:
EMAIL: jakroopf at gmail.com
I run a community theater group in Poughkeepsie called R.E.A.L. Hip-Hop Theater, and we could really use a
videographer/HD Digital Camera to make a documentary for our spring
production. I don't know what your schedule's like or if you know anyone
else who does video you might want to get involved, but this is a really
fun, dynamic group, that draws a big community audience. Let me know if you
or someone else you know might be interested.

See ya'll tomorrow,
Kyle