[Vcfilmmakers-l] Sup sup sup: 12 HOUR FILM FEST ON ITS WAY

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Thu Sep 9 00:38:31 EDT 2010

Hello, filmmakers both old and new --

To those of you who stopped by at the Activities Fair, awesome. Welcome aboard. Again, I'm Grace: nice to have met you, you are all beautiful people with clear visions and strong hearts.

TO THAT END:

This Friday, at 5 pm, in Rocky 312, we'll be meeting to kick off the much-acclaimed, much-hyped 12-HOUR FILM FEST, which is going down this weekend.

Many of you indicated that you are interested in attempting this feat -- developing and shooting a 3-5 minute film in the space of just one unforgettable night. (or day.) Come to the meeting and bring friends with whom you want to work -- or come to the meeting alone, and we'll help set you up with others, in groups of 4 or 5. (make new friends!)

Once the groups are decided, we'll figure out the schedule: the first shift will be from 9 o'clock Friday night to 9 o'clock Saturday morning. CRAZY TALK.

Second shift will be from 9 Saturday morning to 9 Saturday night; third shift, from 9pm Saturday to 9am Sunday...You get the picture.

PROMPTS, CAMERAS, and MINI-DV TAPES will be handed out at the start of your filming shift. The prompts are cool, heh. (they are also top secret) Your group gets to choose 3 prompts out of a possible 10. All 3 prompts must then be incorporated in your film.

Another thing: I have a separate list of actors that I will also email about this, but if you know actorly-folk who want to join you in this venture and star in your film, bring them to the meeting!