[Vassarfilmmakers-l] Some other announcements...

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Fri Apr 22 01:55:24 EDT 2011

OOPS, YO: I totally forgot to include these notes.
Have fun!
grace

1. Patty (next year's Vassar Filmmakers' Vice President!) is shooting...technically today. And tomorrow.

-Hi guys! So last chance: I'm finishing with shooting my junior film this Friday and Saturday and it would be great if I could get a PA for the Friday shoot. I'm filming in and around Raymond Ave. where things might get tricky keeping track of things with only a two-person crew. I'm also in need of extras. So if you can give us half an hour of your time Friday, please drop by! It should be interesting for an aspiring film-maker. If you're interested in any of this, email me: pacruz at vassar.edu to let me know asap. Thanks! -Patty

2. Jane Manchon is screening her documentary film.

-Good day,

I invite you to come see my short film, "Complicating Paradise: Images and Interviews from Samoa." There will be two showings in Rocky 200 lasting 25 minutes, after which I'll be taking questions. The film, a meditation on cultural knowledge and exchange, challenges assumptions and representations of Oceania. After having done an SIT program in Samoa last spring, I returned to Samoa to capture this footage in early January with the help of two generous grants.

Rocky 200:
April 23 at 3 pm (Saturday)
April 27 at 6 pm (Wednesday)

I hope to see you there,