[Vassarfilmmakers-l] FREE PIZZA AT MEETING TOMORROW!

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Thu Feb 3 14:34:11 EST 2011

YO ALL!
That's right, there will be free pizza at tomorrow's meeting, 5pm Rocky 310. We're going to be doing a sweet li'l film idea brainstorming exercise; this meeting will be pretty laidback. Bring friends.

REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR 12-HOUR FILM ON A FLASHDRIVE -- more info below. If you don't have a flashdrive, borrow a friend's, or use a site like https://www.transferbigfiles.com/ or http://www.dropsend.com/ to email your file to me.

SEE YOU TOMORROW!

grace

INFO ON EXPORTING YOUR 12-HOUR FILM:

Okay boys and girls, it's time for the exporting from Final Cut lowdown.
We want to keep these things looking nice and consistent so everything
runs smoothly, so if you used these settings, we'd be much obliged.

Once you've finished editing, go to:

File -> Export -> Using Quicktime Conversion

A window labelled "Save" should pop up (if not - make sure the timeline
window had been highlighted before you hit "File"). Next, hit "Options."
In the new window that pops up:

Go into "Settings" under the Video tab. Make sure the compression type
is H.264. Slide the quality slider up to "Best." Then hit Okay.

Next, into the "Size" options, also under Video. Check the "Deinterlace
Source Video" option. Then, under Dimensions, select "Custom." If your
film was shot in 4:3 (fullscreen), make the dimensions 640x480. If it
was shot in 16:9 (widescreen), then you're going to want to go with
853x480. Click okay after that.

After, click "Sound Settings." Bump the quality up to "Best," then hit okay.

Now you're ready to go! Save it to wherever's convenient, then hit Save.
It'll probably take a little while. Once it's done, drag and drop it
onto a hard drive or flash drive. If you don't have one, let me know and
we'll figure out a way to get it off the computer you're editing on.

Gurd luck!
Tim