[Vassarfilmmakers-l] MEETING TOMORROW 5 PM

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Thu Feb 10 14:17:58 EST 2011

Yo all,
Rocky 310 at 5 pm tomorrow! Bring story ideas. Do it. Just do it. We'll be pitching them, getting feedback to improve them, and helping you form groups to SHOOT THE DANG THINGS...

Also, I bring you a message from senior film major and narrative-film-director Lori Arden:

Hi Filmmakers!

My name's Lori and I'm directing a senior narrative feature this semester.  My crew and I are shooting pretty much every weekend from now until April and we need help! Right now we're looking for underclassmen who can serve as production assistants on-set--if you don't know, a P.A. does basic things like move around furniture/lights but also will probably act as script supervisor (keep an eye on continuity, write down other production notes).  You don't have to have any experience at all to P.A., and the cool thing is if you're an underclassman who's into production you get to get involved and learn the ropes sooner than you otherwise would (since you won't start production within the department until junior year).  It's an awesome learning experience, and you'd have our eternal appreciation.

Anyway, commit to as many/little weekends as you'd like, but we are looking for P.A.s for this weekend (Saturday from morning until early evening), so if you can help out right away, that'd be awesome!  Please let me know if you'd be interesting in helping out.  Thanks everyone!

Lori (loarden at vassar.edu)