[Vassarfilmmakers] Photography/Journalism Opportunity

Timothy O'Connor tioconnor at vassar.edu
Fri Oct 28 17:14:17 EDT 2011

Hi all:

Here's an opportunity for anybody interested in photography/journalism/politics. Send an email to the address below if you're interested!

Interested in building a portfolio and publishing political and cultural photos on a national stage?

PolicyMic is planning to run a "Photo of the Day" feature (think small-scale version of the "In Focus" blog on The Atlantic) that would feature a photo (related to something cultural/political/related to the news) every day by a young photographer - pretty self-explanatory.

PolicyMic is a political news analysis website that's also a debate platform for millennials that's based on gaming principles. We're trying to engage people in meaningful discussions, and it's a community where we have people to talk to each other as opposed to at each other. There isn't really any outlet for young people to share their work. Writers have to turn to blogs and photographers are stuck with Facebook albums and Flickr, which are great to share but not so much to publicize - PolicyMic fills the gap. We've also hosted some cool debates, like one between a young journalist in the Middle East and Condoleeza Rice. You can check us out at www.policymic.com

Have any questions or want to get involved? Email Masuma Ahuja at mahuja at policymic.com

-Tim