[VCFilmmakers] Screening: PRICELE$$ - Thursday 8pm @ Rocky 200

Kristopher Yim kryim at vassar.edu
Tue Oct 30 19:51:41 EDT 2012

Hey all,
If you enjoyed our last screening of ESCAPE FIRE, a documentary about the
American Healthcare System, then you might especially be interested in our
next screening (if not, you should still check it out if you care at all
about politics!):

Democracy Matters
Vassar Greens
Vassar Filmmakers
present

PRICELE$$
"It can cost millions to run for Congress.
Where does it come from? What does it buy?"

*Thursday, November 1st*
*8PM*
*Rockefeller Hall 200*

WEBSITE: www.pricelessmovie.org

SYNOPSIS: "*PRICELE$$* is a filmmaker’s personal journey across America to
answer a burning question: why are some of our government’s most basic
policies, like food and energy, so out-of-date . . . and can anything be
done about it? Sharing the suspicion of fellow-citizens, including a class
of young civics students, that campaign money is involved, the filmmakers
set out on a spellbinding — and at times hilarious — ride from rural
America to the halls of Congress to find out more, because democracy is a
precious resource. In fact, it’s *PRICELE$$*."