[VCFilmmakers] The Future is NOW (soon!)

Kristopher Yim kryim at vassar.edu
Wed Dec 4 17:03:47 EST 2013

*WELCOME BACK!*

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing break!  The VC Filmmakers have
some exciting news so read on!

1.  *The Future for Filmmakers.*  *Wednesday, December 4th:*  We will be
having a screening a series of Junior an Senior films.  Come support your
fellow filmmakers and learn more about the major, what lies ahead in your
junior and senior years, and hear some great production stories.  This
meeting is aimed at providing a chance for discussion between class years,
with the aim of answering any questions as well as provide advice.  FREE
FOOD!

2.  *New Equipment*:  We are currently the process of making some new
purchases, including some onboard mic’s, new tripods, and all kinds of
classy stuff (*cough cough, maybe a camera).  We highly value your
suggestion when it comes to equipment.  Let us know what you would like to
see from us in the future.  We’re here to facilitate film projects.

3.  *Senior Films : PA’s needed.*  Ever wanted to know what it’s like to be
on a hot set?  Senior film projects are just around the corner, and this is
a great way to gain more experience in filmmaking.  It’s a great way to
meet filmmakers and form some lasting working relationships.  After all, it
is all about networking.  Come to this Wednesday’s Meeting to learn more
about being a PA.

*COOL STUFF INSTORE NEXT SEMESTER:*

*Nicole Glantz, VC Filmmaker’s Co-President and founder of VCTV* will be
returning in January, and she has some fresh ideas for the club.

*Guest lectures by some of the Film Faculty, as well as Guest Speakers.*  In
the past, we’ve had James Duff writer and director of The Closer, as well
as Ben Rutkowski, cinematographer and Vassar Alumni.

*MODFEST!  February 7, 2014.*  A presentation of original short films
organized by the Vassar Filmmakers Club and Film Major’s Committee.  It’s
not too late to submit your film.  Filmmakers present their works in the
Rosenwald to the Vassar Community, with a Q&A with the cast and crew
afterwards.

*Valentines 12hr Film Fest.  Friday, February 14th, 2013.*  Buddy up this
Valentine to make the best short film you can make in 12hrs.  The film’s
will be screened the following day.  There will be food and prizes!

*Animation Workshop*.  Come get you Ghibli on *with Kris Yim*, VC
Filmmaker's Publicity Man, as he goes though the basics of animation.  Date
TBD.

* If you have any suggestions, film ideas, or complaints, shoot us an email.
We’re always listening, and always ready to provide our expertise in
regards to any project or concern.

That's all for now folks!

Thanks,

Cesar Cervantes, VC Filmmakers Co-President
Adam Buchsbaum, VC Filmmakers Event Coordinator