[VCFilmmakers] Fwd: Senior Day Sports Interviews

Hunter Furnish wifurnish at vassar.edu
Fri Feb 15 21:33:11 EST 2013

From: Vincent Marchetta <vimarchetta at vassar.edu>
Subject: Senior Day Sports Interviews

Hi Filmmakers!

My name is Vince and I am the current Senior Class President. This year we are working on a special project where the Senior Class Council sponsors and helps promote Senior Days, competitions designated in each sport where the seniors are honored specifically. One of our ideas to help promote the Senior Days was to have promo videos made where the seniors being honored for whatever sport are featured and interviewed to allow people to actually hear from the player, make the whole thing a bit more personal, and encourage people to go to the games. I made a really shitty one for the basketball games using my old digital camera and iMovie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb2JBi9-oM8) but it's really just a rough incredibly basic example of what type of thing we're hoping to do. Even with a low-quality video like that, I heard from a number of parents and students that they really appreciated it.

I was wondering if anyone in your organization might be willing to help us with this project. The Senior Class Council is incredibly busy and spread in a ton of different directions, so filming and editing takes time that our members just don't have. Several people suggested I get in touch with you to see if there would be anyone willing to help with this project throughout the semester. Please let me know if that's a possibility. I'm happy to discuss the project further with you.

Thanks!
Vincent Marchetta
Class of 2013 President