[VCFilmmakers] Directing Workshops & More! So many workshops!

Kristopher Yim kryim at vassar.edu
Mon Mar 24 17:24:43 EDT 2014

The Vassar Filmmakers presents†

*DIRECTING WORKSHOPS*
Taught by James Duff

*Part 1: Wednesday, March 26th*
*Part 2: Wednesday, April 2nd*

Time: 5-8pm in Rocky 307

Who is James Duff? James Duff is a professional independent filmmaker and
former instructor at Prague Film School.

We have been hosting this workshop yearly for a while now and it is by far
our most popular event. It's great for ANYONE interested in film. Each
workshop is independent and separate, so if you can only attend one, don't
hesitate to do so! If you can attend both, that's even better!

Both deal with how to interpret a script and how to most effectively
communicate that interpretation with your actors.

*Final Cut Pro X EDITING WORKSHOPS *
(*updated dates* as of 3/24/2014 at 5:13pm)
Hosted by the DMZ/Vassar Filmmakers

On all days: 5:30pm @ the Library Classroom

*FCP X Basics - Thursday, March 27 (new date!)*
We will be discussing basic editing principles, workflow strategies and
what FCP can do for any project that you are working on. We will work on
some basic cutting as well as dealing with music and transitions.

*FCP X Intermediate - Thursday, April 3rd (new date!)*
Building on the first workshop, we'll discuss more complicated but helpful
tools for cutting, strategies to speed up the process and any other
questions.

*FCP X Advanced - Wednesday, April 9th*
In addition to the previous workshop knowledge, we'll discuss multi-cam
footage, nested timelines, color correction and basic sound mixing and
keyframing.

†You may have received an email from VCTV which claims to be "hosting"
these workshops. You, my privileged readers, deserve to know that VCTV is
not, in fact, affiliated with *any *of these workshops. I mean no offense
if you're part of VCTV though. You should still attend.

Q. Are you some sort of ass?
A. Yes.