[VCFilmmakers] VC Filmmakers recap and important info

Adam Ninyo adninyo at vassar.edu
Tue Sep 9 23:31:51 EDT 2014

Dear Vassar Filmmakers,

Thank you for coming to the meeting, and we hope you are all as excited
about this year as we are!

Here is recap and some important info:

1)   We will be hosting *screenings* this year, and would love your
*suggestions*! Please send suggestions to our events coordinator Anna Blum (
anblum at vassar.edu).

2)   We love *watching and discussing* *short films & clips of films* during
our meetings! If you would like to share one during our meeting time,
please email either Nicole (niglantz at vassar.edu) or Shira (
shmizel at vassar.edu).

3)   *Workshops & Lectures*: more information will be coming your way
shortly, however we are currently working on bringing back some experienced
alums! In addition, look out for info on an upcoming camera workshop!

4)   *Social Media*!

*Like* our Vassar Filmmakers *Facebook page* to get updates about events,
screenings, workshops, contests, & more! Click here to like:
https://www.facebook.com/vassarfilmmakers

*Join* our Vassar Filmmakers *Facebook group* to network & learn about job
opportunities! Click on the link to join:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vassarfilmmakers/?ref=br_tf

5)   *12 Hour Film Festival Contest! *The date of the film festival
will be *Saturday,
September 27th* starting at 10am. If you would like to join a group, please
come to our next meeting and we will place you in one, or email us! We will
announce the awesome prizes soon!

6)   Our *next meeting* (and first official meeting) will be on *Monday,
September 15th at 8pm.* All meetings will be held every other Monday at 8pm.
The meeting location will be sent out later in the week.

7)   If you would like to *check out equipment*, send an email to our Vice
President/Equipment Manager Reid Antin (reantin at vassar.edu).

8)   The *VC Filmmakers contact info & interests google doc *is meant to
encourage collaboration amongst group members. To view the list or add
yourself, click on this link:
https://docs.google.com/a/vassar.edu/document/d/1q9bqJeVvlxXnQtzbDVSQ5xcMHqg3gkPs8-_xbZUbips/edit

9)   *Freshman representative position:* This year, we are giving freshman
an opportunity to have a VC filmmakers position and represent their class
by reaching out through publicity and social media. If you are interested
in applying for the position, please fill out the short application
attached and send it to Adam Ninyo (adninyo at vassar.edu) by Sunday,
September 14th at midnight!

10) If you have any *suggestions or questions*, please do not hesitate to
contact us!

That’s a wrap!

Best always,

The Vassar Filmmakers Exec Board