[VCFilmmakers] REMINDER! Directing workshop TOMORROW!

Nicole Glantz niglantz at vassar.edu
Thu Apr 16 19:49:28 EDT 2015

Hey Filmmakers,

*This FRIDAY (TOMORROW), *Brian Paccione, class of 2009 and co-founder of
VC Filmmakers is coming to give a *workshop on directing/translating a film
from screenplay* *to screen* at *7:00pm in Rocky* *212*!

*Description of talk (from Brian): *

I will be talking about the theory and craft of directing and the art of
storytelling. Together, we will investigate how cameras are used to tell a
story and create an emotional response in the audience. I am excited to
analyze and break down my own films in a practical, open, and accessible
way. I'm going to share production documents, shot lists, and budgets from
my prior films and explain exactly how these films were made. I look
forward to also talking about screenwriting, my experience in graduate
school, and how one can take advantage of the Vassar filmmaking resources.

*Bio: *
Brian Paccione graduated from the Columbia University MFA Film program in
2014, where he was a directing student. As a screenwriter, his films have
played in numerous festivals including Cannes Cinefondation, SXSW, Sao
Paulo, and Rotterdam. Prior to attending Columbia, he graduated from Vassar
College where he double-majored in film and biology. In addition to
directing his own work, Brian serves as the President and Co-Founder of the
MyBlock Education Program, an organization that mentors at-risk youths by
helping them make short documentaries about their personal lives and
neighborhoods. He has taught screenwriting at Columbia University and is
developing a project with screenwriter Malia Scotch Marmo (Hook, Enchanted,
The Polar Express, Jurassic Park) and Rwandan filmmakers.

Hope to see you there!

Best,
Exec

--
Nicole Glantz '15
Co-President VC Filmmakers | Co-Founder VCTV