[Wism-l] First WISM meeting

Keira Sokolowski kesokolowski at vassar.edu
Wed Sep 14 18:50:10 EDT 2005

Greetings!

      I¹m writing to announce the first meeting of the Women in Science and
 Mathematics for the semester. For those who don't have a good idea what the
club is about, Vassar Women in Science and Mathematics brings together
faculty and students to promote the involvement of women in all fields of
the natural sciences.  The meeting will take place at 4:15 on Wednesday,
September 21st, in Olmsted 300 (the half of Olmsted 301 with the comfy
chairs). This will be an organizational meeting, as we plan activities for
the coming semester. Things to be discussed will include getting VSA
authorization, bringing in lecturers, holding themed lunches, fund-raising,
and mentoring for underclassmen and high school students. Everyone is
welcome to come and discuss these and other ideas for the coming semester.
And if that weren't enough, refreshments will be served!
      If you wish to attend, but have a conflict, please contact either me
(kesokolowski at vassar.edu) or Natalie Frank (nafrank at vassar.edu) for
information on how to get involved. Hope to see everyone there!

Keira Sokolowski
President, WISM