[Aikido] Arnold events/rules

Alan C. Marco marco at vassar.edu
Thu Jan 27 14:04:11 EST 2005

Me again,

I just found the link that describes the different events (or divisions)
that you can enter. I'd recommend that all non-black belts enter the
Randori No Kata (basic 17) and that anyone who's been taught the 16 black
belt techniques enter the San No Kata (1-16). In addition, everyone should
enter the sparring events: either Kyu Tanto Randori or Open Tanto Randori
or both (sparring against the knife). Lastly, consider entering the Open
Toshu Randori (no knife---each competitor can use all 17 techniques).

http://www.arnoldmartialarts.com/msword/AIKIDO.doc

Alan C. Marco, Assistant Professor

Department of Economics, Vassar College
124 Raymond Ave. #592, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604
TEL: 845.437.7669
FAX: 845.437.7576
email: marco at vassar.edu

Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence
from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable
administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural
course of things.
         -- Adam Smith