[Aikido] VANS

Leon Pinheiro lepinheiro at vassar.edu
Wed Aug 26 10:39:11 EDT 2009

Hey everyone,
Welcome back to those of you on campus. So far, our upcoming event is:
1. VANS - August 29th from 1:30 - 5:30PM (for the freshmen, we have decided to have a few ice breakers in the beginning. Then we will teach them how to break a grab to hands, head, and bear hug. In addition, we will do super simple techniques to grabs, and punches. This is the gist of our plan. We will not be doing any falls or any scary demos.)
2. Flyering: We need volunteers to put up fliers to each of the dorms.

There might be Aikido tabling the same day but I need to reconfirm it. For those of you who can help out in either, it would be appreciated.

In any case, we will resume regular practice hours once school starts.
Regular Hours Resume Starting Monday, August 31:
Monday-Thursday: 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00  p.m.

Therefore, our first official practice will be September 1, 2009. I am sure you already know the hours but just in case,
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday: 8PM-11PM

Saturday practices will be open to everyone who was here last semester. Although this is not officially confirmed, Saturday practice will be mostly black belt material and potentially weapons training.  Well, that's all for now.

Sincerely,
Leon

--
Leon Pinheiro