[Aikido] DC Fight Update

John Nguyen jonguyen at vassar.edu
Fri May 13 14:11:16 EDT 2011

Hi again,

So, I've talked to the DC building manager, and it looks like we have a more concrete time window now.

The filming will begin on Sunday MORNING at either 7 or 8 AM (depending on when you all can drag yourselves out of bed), and we need to be out of the DC by 10 AM. We have the go-ahead for using mats and wooden swords.

UNFORTUNATELY, it appears that Media Resources is out of cameras for the moment. I'm going to check back in later to see if one has found its way back, but for now, I need any of you who have access to a video camera to let me know, and to try to get your hands on it. Ask your friends, and see what you can do. I'll be doing the same.

Now, Emily has offered to open up Saturday practice for the choreography for the film, which would be kickass, because we're guaranteed to have it down when we actually walk into the dc, so we can look less like bumbling idiots, and more like the kickass martial artists we all actually are.

It's also come to my attention that not all of the members are on the mailing list, so I'm going to resend this and the first message on Facebook, so don't get exasperated when I do.

Hope to see you all soon at the party tonight!

Sincerely,
John Nguyen
President Elect