[Vcfilmmakers-l] Fwd: SUGAR and Tom Efinger, Sound Editor

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Tue Dec 1 21:30:17 EST 2009

Yoz,

FIRST OFF, go to this tomorrow:

Tom Efinger: Sound Editor and Mixer
Screening  of "Sugar" Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 5:30pm
Rosenwald Film Theatre Room 109 in the Vogelstein Center for Drama
and Film
A lecture will follow the screening

Tom Efinger is a sound editor and mixer, who has worked on over 100
films. He began his film career in New York City in the early 90's,
and has since worked on numerous film and television projects as
supervising sound editor and re-recording mixer. He is currently
employed as president and chief engineer at Dig It Audio, Inc.

Please check Tom out on IMDB:   http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0250593/

MY BRIEF RANT:
Even if you're not interested in doing any kind of sound work as a career, I would still highly recommend you attend this lecture to try to learn as much about sound as possible since A) you will have to be doing sound in your initial forays into filmmaking anyway AND B) if you do not take sound into enough consideration during production and end up with poor quality audio AND you don't know how to fix it, your film will be sunk right from the get go. So go.

SECOND OFF:
Meeting Friday 6PM Rocky 312. If you want to be doing a film second semester, be there - we'll try to begin organizing ideas and crews for projects so that things can get rolling right at the beginning of second semester. Therefore, please also BRING IDEAS FOR FILMS!!!

THIRD OFF:
Before the screenings of FUNNY PEOPLE on Friday and Saturday at 7:30PM in Blodgett Auditorium, TIM AND ERIC made a short film entitled OUR FATHER: UNEMPLOYED that will be screened. It stars God alongside yours truly.

Hoping Bad Lieutenant and the Bollywood Aladin are still playing in NYC by the time we're off,
Kyle