[Vcfilmmakers-l] Reminders + Work

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Tue Apr 13 12:56:31 EDT 2010

Hey All,

1. UPCOMING EVENTS:
Just wanted to remind you all that the Production Designer Mark Friedberg will be here next Wednesday, April 21st at 7PM. We'll be showing SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK at 4:45 in the Rosenwald and will show THE LIFE AQUATIC in Rocky 300 at 7PM the day before (he was the Production Designer of both those films and many more).

That weekend (April 23 and 24) we'll also be having film historian Lou Sabini here to show some classic, rarely seen, 16MM film prints from directors you should/better know. More on this soon.

2. NAT ALLISTER'S RIP DREAMS
hey you hellcats,
this weekend i'm a be shooting about 70% of my movie--Friday, Saturday, and Sunday--and i need some WO/MANPOWER.

TOMORROW (aka wednesday) i'm going to be down at the VC Boat Launch building the raft. If you wanna help with that, that'd be great.

THURSDAY OR FRIDAY i'm shooting out on the water, depending on the weather. this will be about a 5-hour day of maneuvering the boats and praying that nobody drops the period flintlock rifle into the Hudson. THEN we gotta break down the raft and move it over to the Sat/Sun location.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY might be all day shoots, hopefully less, on a Wappinger's Creek riverbank.

I NEED ANYONE WHO COULD DONATE ANYWHERE FROM ONE HALF-DAY TO ALL THREE DAYS. if you think you might have some spare hours this weekend, i'll put you to work--maybe as a boom, AC, PA, script supervisor, etc. please let me know. we'll have food on set and i'll try not to work anyone too hard. it might just be the best weekend of your life*

either shoot me an email at naallister at vassar.edu or call me at 952-237-3759

thanks everyone.
love,
nat

*it probably won't be, so don't hold me to that.

3. BETRAYAL VIDEOGRAPHY
My name is Jack Berenholtz and I'm a junior drama major. I am looking for someone to film an independent study I'm doing of Harold Pinter's Betrayal this coming Thursday and Friday (April 15 and 16). I would only need one of the performances filmed. Aside from the filming of the show (run time approx. 1:45) we would need you to come see a run-through just to get a sense of the scope of the piece. It's being performed in the streep studio in the cdf.

Thanks so much and I look forward to speaking to you,
Jack (jaberenholtz at vassar.edu)

As they say in the old country,
Kyle