[Vcfilmmakers-l] Entertainment Lawyer Presentation & Recommended Readings

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Tue Mar 9 22:55:01 EST 2010

Hey All,

Sorry this has taken so long but attached is the power-point presentation that Jaia Thomas presented to us when she was here - it goes through issues relating to music usage in film.

I have some extra hand-outs as well and will bring them to our first meeting when we get back (aka Friday, March 26th), as well as my notes from the lecture if you want to take a look.

She also sent along a list of recommended readings:

1). The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers: A Legal Toolkit for Independent
Producers.  By: Thomas Crowell

2). Clarance and Copyright; Everything You Need to Know for Film and
Television.  By: Michael Donaldson

3). The Permission Seekers Guide Through the Legal Jungle: Clearing
Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Rights for Entertainment and Media
Production. By: Joy Butler.

Enjoy the break while it lasts,
Kyle