[Vcfilmmakers-l] 4 Quick Things

Kyle Porter kyporter at vassar.edu
Thu Mar 25 12:30:06 EDT 2010

Dear All,

TODAY:
John Gatins (Class of '90 and classmate of Noah Baumbach), who is a professional screenwriter, script doctor, and director, will be speaking in the College Center MPR at 4PM today. I saw him speak yesterday and he was in my filmmaking class today and the guy's absolutely hilarious - I highly recommend you come by.

TOMORROW:
We'll be meeting tomorrow at 4PM in Rocky 312 to quickly go over what projects are shooting or have shot and to see how they are progressing. We'll also be doing a brainstorming session (which should be more fun than it sounds).

EXEC BOARD APPLICATIONS:
If you wanted to apply to be on the Exec Board for next year, make sure to send in your application to me before our meeting tomorrow. Though we won't be deciding anything at the meeting, we want to know all of the people who are applying so that we can figure out how the selection process will work.

UPCOMING:
Finally, if you wanted to show a film you've made before a Film League screening, they'll be showing Boogie Nights on April 2&3 and will be doing A Single Man/September Issue double weekend on April 23&24. This is a great opportunity if you have a finished cut of a film and want to test it out on an audience to gauge their reactions.

See ya soon,
Kyle

PS - The Filmmakers Showcase (our end of the year screening) will most likely be May 13th. More details will follow in the coming weeks. Also it's looking like Production Designer Mark Friedberg (who's worked on Across the Universe, Darjeeling Limited, Life Aquatic, Synecdoche New York, etc.) will be here April 21st - spread the word.