[Vassarfilmmakers-l] HELLO FILMMAKERS

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Mon Nov 1 13:31:26 EDT 2010

HI
Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting Friday! It was good to catch up and check in with everyone. That's kinda how meetings should be, people. They should be exciting. With many cookies.

Our big announcements from last Friday's meeting: LOTS OF THINGS!

1.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4th: ACTOR/FILMMAKER MIXER!!
In the Rose Parlor from 6-8 pm. There'll be some foodsies, etc. Come meet people and see if you want to make movies together. LET ALL YOUR FILMMAKER/ACTOR FRIENDS KNOW.
_______________________________________

2.
MEETING: on this Friday, November 5th, will be the LOCATION SCOUTING EXERCISE. Right now, however, the weather predicts a 30% chance of "few showers", so we'll have a back-up plan in case. But bring a camera (even the camera on your phone counts; we don't care about picture quality).

Meet in Rocky 310 at 5 pm.

ALSO!!! THE YEARBOOK WANTS A PICTURE OF OUR ORGANIZATION and a list of names. Everyone who wants legitimization as an org member must, then, be in our picture, which we will take at 5 pm on Friday.

3.
After that meeting on Friday, there will be a small Filmmakers' members gathering (read: CHILL PARTY) in my (very large and accommodating) room, Ferry 209, from 9-midnight. I can't promise anything concrete because these emails are probably being tapped by the school, but come expecting a nice, probably very chill conversational time. Facebook event invite to come soon.

4.
This Wednesday and next Wednesday, November 3 and 10, there will be Final Cut Pro editing workshops held in the library's 24-Hour-Space from 2-3pm. This might be way helpful for you guys!

5.
Anney Perrine, casting director for feature film "The Art of Love" is looking for extras age 16-23. "The Art of Love" actually sounds amazing and legit, as it stars Olympia Dukakis, Aiden Quinn, and Virginia Madsen.

"Our shoot dates are 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/9, and 11/12. The first 4 are at Saugerties HS and the last is at a house TBD around Woodstock/Saugerties.
We are really looking for the most people on 11/9 and 11/12. 11/12 will be in the afternoon/evening. The others are daytime.  Please send out this info to as many people as you can!"

Send a picture of yourself, as outlined in the attached file!

Email her at:
Anney Perrine
talextras at gmail.com
845.834.4550

6.
BRIAN PACCIONE is OUR FIRST SPEAKER! He is scheduled to come and speak on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19th at 5. Place TBD. Brian was one of the three founding members of the Vassar Filmmakers; he is now at Columbia grad for film, and he can speak about directing, working with actors, screenwriting, and show us behind-the-scenes for his own short films. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU'RE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM HIM!

Ok, I'm done. Whew.

grace