[Vassarfilmmakers-l] Meeting Friday, plus other stuff

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Mon Nov 8 13:41:53 EST 2010

Heyo,

(Thanks to all who came to the actor/filmmaker mixer and to meeting last Friday!

We took our yearbook picture at meeting, which I've submitted to the Vassarion...we also did the location scout, which was pretty neat...saw some creepy rooms on campus which would make for great shooting locations.)

Ok, several things!

1. I was an extra on this feature film, The Art of Love, this weekend. It was great! You should do it, if you can! If you can go more than once, they might be able to <<<<<PAY YOU>>>>>>. Plus they give you lunch. And you get to be on-set for a large-ish production (80+ crew), which is always cool.

Tues. 11/9 (TOMORROW) the call time is 6 am. @ Saugerties HS, but they're also shooting 1:30pm-6pm.

Thurs 11/11 the day shooting will be @ Port Ewen and the night is in a house outside of Kingston.  We will call Wed. for the people who can be there to let them know the call time for Thursday.

EMAIL ANNEY at talextras at gmail.com if you can go!! Seriously, it's worth it.

2. Anyone interested in filming the play, "Buried Child" on Thurs, Fri, or Saturday next? November 18, 19, or 20th?

>From Wikipedia: "Buried Child is a piece of theater which depicts the fragmentation of the American nuclear family in a context of disappointment and disillusionment with American mythology and the American dream, the 1970s rural economic slowdown and the breakdown of traditional family structures and values."

(I've read this play, and it's chilling. As in, super scary. Somebody dies on stage. One man has a wooden leg. Incest. A priest having an affair. Lots of dirty stuff.)

Email Emily Izquierdo if you're interested! emizquierdo at vassar.edu.

Again, videography (i.e. filming a show) is a GOOD WAY (pretty low-stress) to get your hands on a camera and get more acquainted with the basics of filming.

3. There's a meeting Friday, as there is every Friday. More about that later. But you should just come.

ok.
grace