[Vassarfilmmakers-l] Meeting Tomorrow - Lots of good stuff

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Thu Apr 14 13:59:53 EDT 2011

Hey everybody,

Meeting tomorrow -- we'll be screening rough cuts from Stephanie, perhaps from Gilad/Max, and also some dailies from a documentary I'm making about a hermit who lives in the woods (HILARIOUS STUFF). Come watch and help critique!

ALSO: March 23, Saturday, we're bringing alums Ben Rutkowski, Brian Paccione, and Woodrow Travers to do a day of lectures and kickin' workshops on directing, producing, and cinematography. They'll be talking about their latest film, "Not Dark Yet." If any of you are interested in reading that script before those workshops, let me know, and I can email it to you.

ALSO: REALLY COOL. Woodrow is a DGA Assistant Director trainee and is working to become a first AD. He's requested that we send him scripts -- he'll read them and basically do some AD'ing for you:

"I would like to encourage any of you to email me before this weekend (Woodrow.Travers at Gmail.com) scripts you may be developing for production classes, or even simply projects you have written but have not yet attempted to make.  I'd like to try to take between 1 and 3 of those scripts sent in to me and go over ways to tackle certain challenging aspects of your scripts."

So if you have any little projects you've been working on, polish them up and send them to Woodrow.Travers at gmail.com. I know I'm going to take advantage of this.

ALSO, A REMINDER: We've decided that everyone who has a film in the end-of-the-year screening gets one of our new, awesome t-shirts. There's still time to make a project! Our final screening is May 6th, at 7pm, in the Rosenwald!

And another reminder...applications for exec board are due TOMORROW. Email me with:

Name:
Class Year:
Position(s) you're applying for:
What you've done with Filmmakers (projects, memorable events you've attended):
Why should we pick you? Good ideas, etc.
Top five favorite movies: (this is just for us to get to know you!)
Note: are you going JYA? This is just something for us to consider.

AWESOME

Grace