[Vassarfilmmakers-l] Apply to be on the Exec Board next year!

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Sun Apr 10 15:47:19 EDT 2011

Hello all of you aspiring filmmakers and lovers of film,

I am graduating, as are Jon and Stephanie. We want you to add your creative vision to this club. Apply to be on the Vassar Filmmakers Executive Board!

Again...note that all of the underclassmen already on the Exec Board (Mike, Tim, Eric, Esra) will continue to be on it next year, though the positions they will be occupying are up in the air. Thus, there will 3 open positions, since we want to have a 7-person Exec Board next year.

We are also open to renaming positions: perhaps having an events coordinator, and perhaps reorganizing our equipment manager system to have a Senior and Junior equipment manager (not referring to class year, but more to Master and Apprentice, heh). So, to some extent, these are the positions currently open, but feel free to propose different ones. (The entire Exec Board is run mostly by consensus anyway, and each person, regardless of position, has creative input.)

Vice-President(s): 1 or 2. Essentially, they take on delegated tasks and help lead meetings and events.
Event coordinator: would maybe work with SARC office, reserve rooms for events/meetings, email all the famous people.
Equipment manager: 1 or 2. In charge of checking in and out the equipment, making sure it's in working order, and submitting stuff for repairs, when necessary.

To apply, email me by NEXT FRIDAY, APRIL 15TH with:

Name:
Class Year:
Position(s) you're applying for:
What you've done with Filmmakers (projects, memorable events you've attended):
Why should we pick you? Good ideas, etc.
Top five favorite movies: (this is just for us to get to know you!)
Note: are you going JYA? This is just something for us to consider.

Again, this application is due the 15th, next Friday.
Make good things happen!

Grace